SEN (ADHD/Attention Defecit) Teaching Assistant - Worksop Primary school
- Work one to one with Year 3 boy with ADHD - in class support and inclusion
- Supporting to engage and include Year 3 boy into mainstream class teaching
- Working closely with the SENCO and inclusion team & Year 3 class teacher
As part of a preferred supplier agreement, a “Good” primary school in the Worksop area currently working closely with Teaching Personnel to support SEN and inclusion within school.
There is a particular child in Year 3 who has been diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit) and needs the support of a teaching assistant on a full time basis. The child displays a number of challenging behaviours which can be related to their inability to communicate effectively and a short attention span. As an SEN teaching assistant, supporting the learning of a year 3 child is of paramount importance.
This position is due to start after half term and applications will be considered up until the end of February.
- Year 3 boy with ADHD
- Supporting Learning in and outside the classroom
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Working within a Year 3 class in close partnership with the Year 3 teacher.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant you would be expected to build effective communication and relationships with the Year 3 child and with other children within the Year 3 class. Using strategies and techniques that work for the chid, supporting ADHD can be both challenging and rewarding, but this particular school provides a great environment to allow all children to learn.
All applicants to Teaching Personnel must have a DBS on the up date service and will be subject to two reference checks.
If you are interested in this position please contact Teaching Personnel on 0114 241 3340.