This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Are you looking for an SEMH Teaching Assistant role?
I am looking for two Teaching Assistants to work in one of our SEMH schools from September. This position will be full time, Monday-Friday 8.30am- 16.05.
The pupils come from a wide range of backgrounds, but all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism, ADHD, and communication difficulties.
The Teaching Assistants may be
- supporting teachers in the classroom
- working with children 1:1 or delivering sessions with small groups of students
- managing classroom resources
- taking children on trips and visits
- managing heightened behaviours and keeping children safe
- part of therapy sessions or reflecting on difficult periods
What you need to apply
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working with vulnerable children or young people with additional needs (i.e. SEN), barriers to learning (i.e. challenging behaviours) and/or those with negative experiences impacting their mental health (i.e. trauma, SEMH).
- Experience delivering or supporting Numeracy and Literacy at either Primary, Secondary or Functional Skills levels (along with other subjects if possible).
- Full time availability.
- A commitment to keeping children and young people safe, and a practical and up to date knowledge of Safeguarding.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.