SEN Teaching Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Calling All Passionate SEN Teaching Assistants across Hungerford, RG17!
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact on young lives? Do you have a heart for helping children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) unlock their full potential? If so, we have an exciting position for you at a BRAND NEW SCHOOL!
This school has an opening date early October, so you will be a part of making history and shaping young minds!
Children will be aged from 5 to 15 years old. - with KS4 students arriving next academic year.
Class sizes will be between 6 to 10 students in the room, alongside the teacher and multiple teaching assistants (needs depending) so you will be very well supported.
Extra activities in the school include swimming lessons, horse back riding, forest school and travel training - such as understanding money and how to get to and from school/ college.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in creating a positive and inclusive learning environment for our exceptional students. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting individual students or small groups in their academic and personal development.
- Assisting the class teacher in implementing tailored learning plans and adapting materials to suit students' needs.
- Building strong and nurturing relationships with students, fostering a sense of trust and encouragement.
- Monitoring progress and providing feedback to the teaching team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assisting with sensory and therapeutic activities to enhance the learning experience.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated individuals who possess the following qualities:
- Experience working with children with SEN (desirable but not essential).
- Empathy and understanding for the unique challenges faced by students with special educational needs.
- Patience and the ability to adapt teaching strategies to accommodate different learning styles.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A passion for helping children reach their full potential.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a competitive daily rate of £77-£90, depending on experience and qualifications. Additionally, you will gain valuable experience and professional development opportunities within a supportive and inspiring environment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.