SEMH Support Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job: SEMH Behaviour Support
Job Type: Contract
Daily Rate: £80 - £115 a day (depending on experience)
Alternative Provision in the London Borough of Bromley is looking for a highly skilled and experienced 1:1 SEMH Behaviour Support Assistant to work on a contract basis.
You have a strong background in SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health)/ ADHD /ODD, Challenging Behaviour and preferably with Primary aged pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis. You will be supporting children in and out of the classroom, ensuring they are safeguarded, de-escalating behaviour and building a strong rapport with them.
- Experience working as either an SEMH Behaviour Support or SEN TA/ Behaviour TA/ Youth Worker/ HLTA / Child SEN Support Worker/ Child Residential Worker/ Youth Worker or Parent with a child(ren) with SEN
- Provide 1:1 support for pupils with SEMH needs and challenging behaviour.
- Implement behaviour management strategies and interventions to support pupils' learning and development.
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and other professionals to provide a holistic approach to support pupils' SEMH needs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with pupils, parents, and carers.
- Support pupils to develop their social and emotional skills, self-esteem, and self-regulation.
- Monitor and record pupils' progress and behaviour, and provide feedback to teaching staff and other professionals.
- Attend meetings with parents, carers, and other professionals to discuss pupils' progress and support needs.
- Strong understanding of SEMH and SEN, ADHD, ODD, Challenging Behaviour, Alternative Provision, and primary education.
- Experience in implementing behaviour management strategies and interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Relevant qualification in SEMH and Behaviour Support (desirable).
- You have an in date Enhanced DBS or able to pay for a new one immediately
- In commutable distance to Bromley
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a challenging and rewarding Behaviour Support role in Bromley, please apply today with your full updated CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£70 - 100 per day
Location free text
Less than £100 per day
SEMH Teaching AssistantFull-time£85 - £100 per day.BromleyOur client school, a renowned centre of excellence for educating vulnerable young people, is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Teaching As
The current teacher shortage is set to be one of the main challenges for the UK in 2023. The number of graduates entering the profession is decreasing, while the number of teachers leaving has in