English teaching assistant
- Join this Secondary school as an English TA full time from November 2016
- Supporting Literacy across the age range mainly GCSE preparations and Year 7 catch up
- Attractive pay and excellent experience for those going onto teacher training
I have just been contacted by a secondary school in Colchester regarding an excellent vacancy for a teaching assistant within their English department; this would be perfect for anyone considering a career in teaching, further details below:
English TA/HLTA vacancy – Immediate start after half term
• Join this English department full time from November as a TA
• Supporting Literacy across the age range mainly GCSE preparations and Year 7 catch up
• Report to class teachers and the English department leader
• Can be offered as a teaching assistant or Higher level TA
• Previous experience essential, Literacy specialism (Degree or similar)
“You will support the literacy learning of students who struggle to access a mainstream curriculum. You will need to ensure that students make good or better progress in the development of their phonics/reading and writing skills. You will assist in their integration in mainstream lessons and will monitor their progress through regular observations”.
Located in Colchester, this is a large secondary school and recent new build and boasts modern facilities throughout. “Pupils often enter school below their potential, they make adequate progress through the teaching at this school and behaviour of children is on the whole good”. Ofsted report
Previously secondary school age experience is essential. If you have supported or tutored secondary aged pupils in English previously this is the ideal opportunity for you.
The school are looking to meet potential candidates during the first week back after half term. If you are interested in this exciting role please contact and send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org