Are you looking for Flexible role where you can pick and choose your shifts?
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit passionate, dedicated, and enthusiastic educators to work as a Teaching Assistant on a flexible basis where you can update your diary to open when you want shifts and closed when you are not available.
Role: Teaching Assistant
Pay: Starts at £11.83 per hour
Location: Brighton, Lewes, Peacehaven, Newhaven,
Hours: 08:30am - 3:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Required to work on a 1:1 basis with the selected pupils encouraging and supporting the work set by the class teacher.
- Shadow the pupil during all lessons throughout the day and potentially during lunch time.
- Ensuring the pupil is work ready with all the correct equipment and is on time.
- During the lessons you may need to prevent potential disruption that may occur, de-escalating situations and stepping in to remove the pupil from the lesson if needed.
- Establish productive working relationships with the pupil and set expectations.
- To give positive encouragement, feedback, and praise to reinforce pupils’ efforts and develop self-esteem.
- Promote the inclusion of pupils and encourage pupils to interact with each other.
The Ideal Candidate will be someone who is;
- Positive, energetic, and patient.
- Has the ability to use their own initiative in challenging situations that may arise.
- Takes the hands-on approach and is always ready to support the pupil and class teacher.
- Able to have the ability to develop strong relationships between the pupil.
- Passionate for working with the special educational need’s environment.
- Able to keep calm under pressure.
- Motivational and has a supportive nature.
In Return, Teaching Personnel will offer you;
- A dedicated, passionate, and educated Recruitment Consultant who will regularly contact and complete check-in calls.
- Excellent rates of pay through PAYE.
- Access to your individual online portal which will include an online diary, discounted CPD courses through our CPD Academy such as Level 2 Safeguarding and Understanding Autism.
- Recommend a friend referral scheme - £50 per referral.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£90 per day
Location free text
£10 - £19 per hour
A Primary School in Brighton are looking for an exceptional Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start full time, who can work alongside the teaching staff and deliver classes when required. This role i
Being a Teaching Assistant (TA) is a rewarding and challenging role that requires a diverse skill set. One of the responsibilities of a TA is supporting the teacher in managing classroom behaviour eff
There are around 295,000 teaching assistants (TAs) working in schools across England and Wales. Today, teaching assistants play a crucial role in supporting students and teachers. In 2022, TAs account
While it is true that “accidents will happen”, keeping children safe and preventing as many accidents as possible should be a concern of every school. By raising awareness of risk sensitively, schools
When you worked as a teacher, you may have looked forward to retirement, as it meant having more time for leisurely activities or spending more time with loved ones. However, the novelty of retire
The current teacher shortage is set to be one of the main challenges for the UK in 2023. The number of graduates entering the profession is decreasing, while the number of teachers leaving has in
Teaching can be an enriching and fulfilling profession. If you want to make a difference in someone's life, there is no better job than to teach. Like doctors, nurses and vets, teaching is more than
A CV is typically your first line of communication with a potential employer. Nothing is more important than a first impression, so the quality of your CV can make the difference between a rejecti
Teaching is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling vocations, but the huge responsibilities it entails can take their toll on teachers’ mental wellbeing. Teacher wellbeing can often be over
There are few roles in education more important than that of a classroom teaching assistant. During the winter lockdowns of 2020/21, research found that teaching assistants played a heroic role in
Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic first shut schools, the educational community has been deeply concerned about its effects on the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers. In Ju