The demand for in-school and online catch-up tutors is growing. To support this increased demand and ensure our tutors meet the requirements of the National Tutoring Programme (NTP), our sister company Best Practice Network has devised a specialist online training course for tutors.
The Tutor Toolkit is CPD Certified training and free of charge for our registered teachers and learning support staff. It includes six modules (some compulsory for NTP tuition) and will help you acquire the strategies and techniques to deliver truly impactful tuition.
Delivered utilising a range of original infographics, animations and videos used to illustrate important concepts supported by real-life examples; this training will allow you to deliver both NTP and school-funded tuition as well as benefit your career moving forward. If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your tutoring skills, please complete the form below.
Register for the Tutor Toolkit
Please note, once you have completed the form your details will be passed onto our CPD team. They will contact you via the Supporting Education Group email address to complete the registration. Just create a password via the email and the course will be ready for you on your canvas learning home page.
The Tutor Toolkit
Working remotely through the modules, you will gain an insight into the needs of your tutees and practical guidance on how best to plan and execute high-impact tuition sessions
- The Tutor Role - Understand the need for tuition and explore the role of the small group and one to one tutor.
- Face-to-Face Tuition - Practical strategies for creating a supportive learning environment for one to one and small group tuition.
- Remote Tuition - Develop your digital skills to use technology safely and effectively to support online learning.
- Pedagogy and Practice - Produce resources, plans and activities informed by an understanding of the way children learn.
- Effective Interventions - Discover effective strategies to promote pupil progress and improve outcomes.
- Curriculum and Resources - Plan effective tutorial programmes supported by tried and tested resources.
All tutors undertaking National Tutoring Programme work will need to have completed the compulsory modules of the Tutor Toolkit and our Safeguarding training.