SEN Teaching Assistant
Here at Teaching Personnel, we are seeking to appoint Teaching Assistants, specialised in Special Educational Needs, to work within our Launceston based Primary schools. Are you passionate about supporting children achieve their full potential and provide them with the best possible educational support? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As an SEN TA, you will be working closely with the Class Teacher, either supporting whole classes, small groups or as 1 to 1 support. You will be responsible for observing and reporting back to the Class Teacher, to keep them informed of children’s progress and engagement. You will need to be confident leading activities and tailoring learning to ensure children are able to access their learning in the best possible way.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and/or relevant SEN experience.
- Previous experience working with children with SEN.
- Some knowledge of necessary SEN strategies and best practise.
- Up to date DBS certificate on the update service (or be willing to complete a new one)
- Relevant SEN Experience
- Patience, empathy, and a strong desire to support children with varying additional needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- Weekly Pay
- A dedicated recruitment consultant to support you within your roles and fulfil your work needs.
- CPD Training Academy: Free and discounted training opportunities to upskill yourself.
- Flexible assignments to suit your availability.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£11.85 - 13.50 per day
Location free text
£10 - £19 per hour
Primary SEN Support
SEN Teaching Assistant Required for 1:1 support for a child who has Autism One of our schools is currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to support and assist a child with Autism withing the Fou
TeaserTips and Advice
Being a Teaching Assistant (TA) is a rewarding and challenging role that requires a diverse skill set. One of the responsibilities of a TA is supporting the teacher in managing classroom behaviour eff