Secondary Science Teacher
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
TP Tutors work closely with our partnership schools across Merseyside providing high-quality one-to-one and small-group tuition.
We are looking for bright, versatile, and committed Secondary Science Teachers to provide tuition in schools across Merseyside.
To be a Tutor you will need to be one of the following:
- Qualified Teacher with QTS or equivalent; ideally Science specialism
- Graduate with a degree in Science or a related subject
- Teaching and Learning Support Worker with relevant qualifications or at least 6 months experience
Successful Candidates Will:
- Have recent knowledge and a clear understanding of the UK Curriculum
- Have great subject knowledge and the ability to plan and communicate it effectively in 1:1 or small group settings.
- Be flexible and committed to delivering engaging, challenging, and developmental sessions
Roles & Responsibilities For Tutors Include:
- Planning and delivering tailored programmes which complement ongoing class work, learning objectives and assessment plans along with the class teacher
- Delivering tuition face-to-face or online (or both) and adapt the content, style, format of the tuition to ensure the most effective results are achieved
- Building strong relationships with pupils and school contacts through session delivery, weekly review meetings, tuition progress reports and feedback
Benefits Of Working With Teaching Personnel:
- Paid £25-£35 per hour to plan and deliver each tutoring session
- Free, CPD Accredited, online induction and Safeguarding training
- Dedicated Tuition Manger to support and guide you throughout
- £50 referral scheme when you recommend a friend to work with us
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Engaging students is a key priority for any teacher, particularly in the STEM subjects where popularity has fallen in recent years. For biology teachers, there’s inspiration all around you – but it ca
The digital age is presenting students with new ways of learning – and indeed, new career options to explore post-study. But while the future for some students may be digital, the need for practical s
Teaching remains an occupation that is both appealing for professionals and in high demand across the nation. The number of primary teachers and teaching assistants in UK schools is at a ten-year high