This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job title: Science Teacher
School: Secondary school
Job type: Full time role (Monday - Friday) for the full academic year
Starting date: September 2023 or ASAP
We are looking for an energetic and hardworking Teacher of Science. We are interested in talking to both experienced teachers looking for a new challenge as well as newly qualified teachers at the beginning of their career. Our ideal candidate will have a passionate and uncompromising commitment to pupil achievement and be a believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all young people can experience success.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the teacher will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Inspire trust and confidence in students and engage and motivate them
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and improve the quality of students' learning
- Contribute to the improvement/development planning and promote the learning priorities of the school
- Contribute to the development and/or implementation of Academy policies
- Build team commitment with colleagues
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the School
To consider this role you will need:
- A degree-level qualification and Qualified Teacher Status.
- The ability to teach to GCSE standard.
- Experience of sustained delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement.
- Experience of innovation and creativity to engage, enthuse and progress learners.
If you are interested in the above role, get in touch with the Wimbledon Secondary Team today. Make your application by clicking the apply now links to submit an up to date CV! Or by calling 02086052631!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Engaging students is a key priority for any teacher, particularly in the STEM subjects where popularity has fallen in recent years. For biology teachers, there’s inspiration all around you – but it ca
The digital age is presenting students with new ways of learning – and indeed, new career options to explore post-study. But while the future for some students may be digital, the need for practical s
Teaching remains an occupation that is both appealing for professionals and in high demand across the nation. The number of primary teachers and teaching assistants in UK schools is at a ten-year high