Primary SEN Tutor
Job Title: Primary SEN Tutor
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Type: Part-time or Full-time
Salary: £20-£25 per hour
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Primary SEN Tutor to join our team in Didcot, Oxfordshire. Whether you're seeking part-time or full-time opportunities, we welcome your expertise to help empower students with SEN to reach their full potential.
- Provide tailored one-on-one tuition to primary-aged students with SEN.
- Develop personalized learning plans to accommodate individual needs and learning styles.
- Utilize creative teaching methods and resources to engage and inspire students.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment that promotes confidence and independence.
- Collaborate closely with parents, teachers, and other professionals to ensure cohesive support for each student.
- Conduct regular assessments to monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies as necessary.
- Qualified teacher status or relevant experience in SEN support.
- Experience working with primary-aged students with a range of SEN, including but not limited to dyslexia, autism, ADHD, and speech and language difficulties.
- Strong understanding of SEN issues and effective intervention strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students and establish positive relationships.
- Patience, empathy, and resilience to effectively support students facing learning challenges.
- Flexibility to work either part-time or full-time hours.
- Enhanced DBS check (or willingness to obtain one).
- Competitive hourly rate (£20-£25 per hour).
- Flexible working arrangements, including the option to provide tuition at the student's home, a local venue, or within a school setting.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with SEN.
- Supportive team environment with ongoing professional development opportunities.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.