This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational Maths Teacher who has a flair for working with young people to join our maths department on a part-time (0.6) basis, to contribute to securing the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
We are a large mainstream Secondary school in Blackburn, Lancashire with around 900 pupils.
Temporary contract, initially until Easter
Start date Monday 8th January 2024
End date Thursday 28th March 2024
Your roles and responsibilities
- Deal with young people in a manner which is conductive to the school mission statement and contribute to the well-being and development of the pupils and the school
- To assist in establishing and maintaining high standards of work and behaviour
- To take advice and direction from and give support to Head of Faculty in a manner which enables him/her to carry out their role effectively
- Attend departmental and other meetings as requested by the Head of Faculty
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Passionate about their subject and able to deliver excellent lessons that are exciting, engaging and inclusive
- Creative, and possess a passion and an aptitude for the subject
- Have high expectations of pupils’ work and behaviour
- Able to motivate and inspire students to raise achievement across all ability ranges
- An enthusiastic, positive professional with strong interpersonal and teamworking skills
If you are interested in the above post, please apply directly TODAY. A member of the Lancashire Secondary Branch will then be in touch to discuss your application further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has announced that all pupils in England will keep learning maths up to the age of 18. Estimates show that around 8 million adults in England have the numeracy skills o
GSCE season is upon us, with the new 9-1 grading system being applied to a further 20 subjects. While some expert recommendations have seen students cramming for as many as seven hours a day over the
Teaching remains an occupation that is both appealing for professionals and in high demand across the nation. The number of primary teachers and teaching assistants in UK schools is at a ten-year high