English teacher - Teacher of English
- Full time position start ASAP - Long term position through till July 2017
- Teaching KS3 and GCSE within a well managed and well facilitated English department
- Pay in line with main pay scale (1 - 6 dependant upon experience)
English teacher required for long term cover at a Bolton based Secondary Academy.
* Required to start ASAP
* Full time position initially 2 term – Possibility of fixed term position following initial employment
* Joining a well managed and well facilitated English department
* Pay in line with MPS/UPS
Located in Bolton, this is an all through secondary school close to the town centre, serving a mixed catchment area the pupil enrolment ranges from white British to African and Indian heritage. The school is a recent new build and boasts modern facilities throughout. “Pupils often enter school below their potential, they make adequate progress through the teaching at this school and behaviour of children is on the whole good”. Ofsted report
English teachers wishing to be considered for this position are required to meet the following criteria:
* QTS and PGCE specialising in English
* Ability to plan engaging lessons and deliver high quality teaching to KS3 and GCSE
* Be committed to joining this supportive team and department on a long term basis.
Within this role you will be required to plan engaging and interactive lessons to Key stage 3 pupils as well as support GCSE pupils preparing for their examinations by delivering small group intervention schemes. Within this role you will be given full support from a friendly and support HoD and all schemes of work are already in place which you will be guided through.
For immediate consideration or further information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Manchester secondary branch on 0161 242 1797.