This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are working with a school in Newport who are seeking an English teacher to join their team from January 2024, this role would include planning and marking with the allocated time as a teacher. This post is initially until the end of the academic year, however there may by opportunity to continue at the school on a contract from September 2024.
We are looking for an inspiring and outstanding classroom practitioner to add to their team; we are looking for someone who is ambitious and able to share their enthusiasm and passion for English with all their students and colleagues.
Whether you’re an experienced English teacher or an NQT we would love to hear from you!
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) status
- Minimum of 6 months experience teaching English in UK schools
- Proven track record of successfully teaching KS3 and GCSE English (desirable)
- Strong subject knowledge and a passion for English education
- Effective classroom management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons.
- Be committed to improving standards and raising pupil attainment.
- Be committed to assessing pupil progress.
The school has an extremely supportive English department who take pride in establishing a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where pupils and staff feel safe, secure and confident.
Your responsibilities as an English teacher will include some of the following:
- Planning, teaching and assessing GCSE English lessons to small mixed ability classes.
- Being a positive role model and establishing positive relationships with pupils and helping to develop their social skills.
- Working well with other members of the English department and school staff to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Having a positive impact on the educational progress of students in your assigned class.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this role will be in line with the Main Pay Scale (MPS), ranging from £30,742 - £47,340 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications. In addition to a competitive salary, Teaching Personnel offers ongoing professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please apply or contact Jess at our Newport office!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Despite his material being written more than 400 years ago, William Shakespeare’s work continues to be a core pillar of English classes the world over. This is particularly true in England, the birthp