Accessibility Links




Where can I find a timesheet?
What qualifications and training will I need?

All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role.
Teacher Requirements
For teaching roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
Support Staff Requirements
For support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English and Maths (A-C) or the equivalent.
What do I need to register?
Depending on your circumstances the criteria for registration and supporting documentation we require can vary. However, broadly speaking, this is what we need:

Teacher Requirements
  • Hold a relevant degree level teaching qualification (or be in your final year of teacher training)
  • If Welsh trained, have full registration with the Education Workforce Council EWC (or will be in the process of registered with the EWC).
  • Have experience of classroom based teaching within the last 6 years
  • Have a valid visa to work in the UK or hold an EU Passport
  • Provide relevant proof of identification
  • Undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check
  • Provide us with original documents for verification of all the above

Support Staff Requirements
  • Have classroom based or carer experience within the last 2 years
  • Have a valid visa to work in the UK or hold an EU Passport
  • Provide relevant proof of identification
  • Undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check

Where documents are required, you will need to provide us with original documents for verification. These will only need to be supplied at the interview stage.

Register today!

All candidates registering for work in schools must also undergo a face-to-face interview before attending a school. Your interview will be arranged at your local office.
Do I have to pay to register?
No. Registering with Teaching Personnel is free. The only possible payment you will need to make is for a DBS check. The fee for this check is £44 and this fee is charged by the DBS. However, if you currently have a valid DBS Disclosure and are registered with the update service, we may be able to accept this without having to run a new check.

I am in my final year of my teaching degree. Can I register as a supply teacher?
Yes you can. We regularly register final year students who are looking to earn some extra income before starting a full time position. We can also help final year students find their first teaching position.
How do I login to myTP?
To access myTP you must first be registered with Teaching Personnel. To login all you need is your date of birth and password. Your password will have been sent to by email when you registered.
How do I login to my online school diary?
To access your school diary you must login using your School ID, password and postcode. If you don't know these details, please contact your local branch.
I was previously registered with you and want to re apply - what do I need to do?
If you have previously registered with Teaching Personnel we will simply need to activate your file and where necessary update your references and documentation. Please call us on 08456 744 844 for more details on re-activating your file.
How do I make a complaint?
Teaching Personnel endeavour to offer you the best customer service possible. If there is something you believe needs improving or would like to feedback on, please address your queries to:

Complaints Department
Teaching Personnel - Head Office 
99 Bridge Road East
Welwyn Garden City
Or email us on

We aim to respond to every complaint within 7 days.
I have forgotten my login password; can you send it to me again?
If you are a school and require your password, please click here

If you are a registered candidate and require your password, please click here
What type of supply staff can register?
Teaching Personnel are able to help source work for: fully qualified teachers, newly qualified teachers, final year teaching students, qualified and/or experienced teaching assistants, qualified nursery nurses, instructors and overseas trained teachers with UK comparable qualifications.


Pay Related queries

How often will I get paid?
As long as we have received a signed/approved timesheet for work completed, Teaching Personnel will process funds for payment on a weekly basis.
How much will I get paid?
Teachers/Support staff pay rates are based on experience, qualifications and the roles you undertake. On registration with Teaching Personnel we will take this all into account and ensure you receive competitive rates of pay that you are entirely satisfied with.
Will I receive holiday pay?
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.

Overseas Trained Teachers

I currently live overseas. How do I register?
As a person living overseas you can register for work on our international teacher website All teachers are required to attend a face-to-face interview with one of our consultants prior to working for Teaching Personnel, so we will need to arrange this with you when you arrive in the UK.
Can Teaching Personnel sponsor me for a work permit?
Teaching Personnel are a recruitment agency and are not entitled to provide work permits for overseas employees.
Can you find me a job in Scotland or Northern Ireland?
Teaching Personnel currently operates in England and Wales only.