SEMH Teaching Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Teaching Personnel, an education agency, is currently seeking a SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) Teaching Assistant for a local provision in Southampton. The school, which began in September 2022, is already expanding and constructing a new site. As a result, they are looking for individuals with a sporty background who can contribute to the curriculum and activity-based work. This exciting role involves a split timetable, combining academic instruction with engaging activities such as gym sessions, kayaking and many more.
- Assist students with SEMH needs in their academic and personal development.
- Support the curriculum delivery, ensuring students are engaged and making progress.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students as required.
- Facilitate and participate in various sports and recreational activities, including gym sessions, kayaking, and other enjoyable pursuits.
- Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with the teaching team and other professionals to develop and implement strategies to meet individual student needs.
- Monitor student behaviour and implement behaviour management techniques when necessary.
- Help with administrative tasks and maintain accurate records related to student progress and activities.
- A passion for supporting students with SEMH needs.
- A sporty background and enthusiasm for engaging students in physical activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students.
- Strong organisational and time management abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students.
- A willingness to work collaboratively within a team and with other professionals.
- Relevant experience working with children or young people, particularly those with SEMH needs, is desirable but not essential.
- Permanent contract opportunity after successfully completing a three-month probation period.
- Competitive salary of £22,000.00 per annum.
- Opportunities for career progression and personal growth within the provision's development plans.
- Engaging work environment with a focus on both academic and physical development.
- The chance to contribute to the expansion and development of a new school.
- Supportive and collaborative team of educators and professionals.
If you are passionate about supporting students with SEMH needs, have a sporty background, and are excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing provision, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application including your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and suitability for the role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.