This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Science Teacher – Full-Time Position
Teaching Personnel are looking on behalf of a local school for a Science Teacher to join their team, ready to start September 2023.
The school are looking for a specialist to join their team who can:
- Plan work in accordance with departmental schemes of work and national curriculum programmes of study.
- Progress students theoretical and practical knowledge, understanding and confidence.
- Establish a purposeful working atmosphere during all learning activities.
- Ensure their teaching and learning is supported by the most robust research and evidence.
- Regularly assess and review students’ progress and achievement; work with the head of science to develop, implement and monitor schemes of work, course delivery and assessments.
- To develop and maintain a learning environment in line with the school’s values.
Within this position you will be expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of the three major science disciplines: physics, chemistry and biology.
- Possesses an appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving Qualified Teacher Status.
- Hold a Child Workforce DBS, or are happy to apply for one.
If you are a keen Science Teacher looking for a new opportunity, have recently moved to the area or are looking to gain valuable experience we want to hear from you today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Engaging students is a key priority for any teacher, particularly in the STEM subjects where popularity has fallen in recent years. For biology teachers, there’s inspiration all around you – but it ca
The digital age is presenting students with new ways of learning – and indeed, new career options to explore post-study. But while the future for some students may be digital, the need for practical s
Teaching remains an occupation that is both appealing for professionals and in high demand across the nation. The number of primary teachers and teaching assistants in UK schools is at a ten-year high