Supply Teacher - Plymouth Area
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Supply Teacher - Plymouth Area
Position: Supply Teacher Location: Plymouth, Devon Contract Type: Temporary, On-call basis
Role and Responsibilities: As a supply teacher, your primary responsibility will be to deliver effective and engaging lessons to students across various year levels and subjects, in accordance with the school's curriculum and policies. Your duties will include:
- Delivering pre-planned lessons and maintaining a productive learning environment
- Managing classroom behavior and promoting positive student engagement
- Providing appropriate guidance, support, and feedback to students
- Assessing student progress, marking work, and providing constructive feedback
- Managing resources and ensuring a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency in teaching and learning
- Adhering to school policies and procedures at all times
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Strong subject knowledge across multiple disciplines and year levels
- Flexibility and adaptability to teach various subjects and age groups
- Excellent classroom management and behavior management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and follow lesson plans effectively
- Reliable and punctual with a professional work ethic
- Competitive pay rates in line with experience and qualifications
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to choose your assignments
- Exposure to a variety of teaching environments and age groups
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Supportive school community and access to resources
How to Apply: If you are a qualified and dedicated teacher seeking flexibility and variety in your teaching career, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your updated CV, along with a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and availability for supply teaching assignments.
Application Deadline: Rolling basis
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Teaching can be an enriching and fulfilling profession. If you want to make a difference in someone's life, there is no better job than to teach. Like doctors, nurses and vets, teaching is more than
Teaching is one of the most enduringly popular career choices for university leavers, with an astonishing 13.5% of recent graduates securing jobs in this sector in 2016/17. And no wonder – becoming a
Despite several months of uncertainty, the education system is poised to return to a new normal where supply teachers and teaching assistants are being welcomed back to the classroom. The government i