This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
- Are you looking for full-time work? (8.30am-3.30pm/4.00pm)
- Are you able to travel to Leyland?
- Are you passionate about working within Specialist Provision?
- Do you have a sporting background?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The opportunity available…
As a sports coach your role is to provide your pupils with differentiated support to meet their needs, in both their physical education but my also require you to support the pupils in classroom setting as general support for both the pupils and the class teacher. The school are looking for an individual to join their team in September however would be open to the successfull applicant to start beforehand.
You will be working in a specialist school that caters for pupils with additional SEMH difficulties, meaning you will need to be able to work in a high-pressured environment maintaining a calm and professional manner throughout, whilst ensuring the needs and wellbeing of the pupil are always put first. You will need to be able to follow the school’s health and safety and behaviour policy whilst ensuring your lessons adhere to each pupil IEP’s, differentiating your approach to meet individual needs. Safeguarding is a priority at this school as their pupils are vulnerable and require additional needs, completing a Level 2 safeguarding course is required.
Dependant on the needs of the school your role may be based around delivering intervention sessions 1:1, in small groups or as a class (8-10 pupils maximum). As general cover may also be included in your role, you may be required to support your pupils in all their educational development and holistic development across the board, providing sporting development when and where needed.
- Long-term roles
- September start however flexibility to be earlier
- Competitive hourly rate of pay (£11.85 - £12.76 p/h)
- No school or teaching qualifications required
- Sporting background and/ or qualifications are required
- Full-time role Monday- Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm/4.00pm
- Leyland based (PR25)
- Specialist school supporting 11-16 years old
- To be considered please click ‘apply now’ and then I will contact you to discuss next steps. It is likely the SENCo will invite candidates into school for a short interview as well as a tour around the school.
- There is no fee to join Teaching Personnel, all we ask is that you have the correct experiences, qualifications, and an up-to-date DBS on the update service online or a willingness to obtain one.
The SENCO is awaiting applications for this role- if you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to Emily!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£11.85 - 12.50 per hour
Location free text
£10 - £19 per hour
SEMH Teaching Assistant.Important information: Location: Leyland.Start date: Tuesday 2nd January 2024.Contract type: Temp-perm.Working hours: Full time (8:30am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri).Pay rate: £11.85 - £12