Sen Teaching Assistant: Chichester
SEN Teaching Assistant - Chichester
Location: South East England, West Sussex, Chichester
Job Type: Contract (Full-Time)
Salary: £11.85 - £12.85 Per hour
This school based in Chichester caters to 81 boys aged 11-16 years old who have Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs.
- Provide support to students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs in a classroom setting
- Assist the teacher in delivering tailored lessons and activities to meet individual student needs
- Implement behaviour management strategies and maintain a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Support students in developing their social skills and emotional well-being
- Work with students one-on-one or in small groups to provide additional assistance and guidance
- Assist in the preparation of teaching materials and resources
- Record and monitor student progress, reporting any concerns to the teacher
- Collaborate with other staff members, including SENCO and therapists, to ensure holistic support for students
- Provide personal care and support when required
- Contribute to the overall positive and nurturing school environment
- Valid driving licence to commute to the school
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant
- Background in caregiving or related field
- Good understanding of the Sports curriculum
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with students and establish positive relationships
- Understanding of social, emotional, and mental health needs in young people
- Strong organisational and time management abilities
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
- Additional training or qualifications related to special educational needs
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday, following the school term calendar
- Working hours may vary based on the school's schedule and specific student needs
- Work primarily takes place within the school premises
- May involve physical activities and the need to provide personal care to students
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.