SEN 1:1 Tutor
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
TP Tutors are actively recruiting for educators who are experienced in teaching young people with Autism (ASD).
I am currently recruiting for FQT, Higher Level Teaching Assistants or SEN Specialists who are confident supporting young people 1:1 in English, Maths and Science in and around the Thurrock Area!
Please see further details below -
The tutor role involves:
- Working with children in a 1:1 format at their homes or local area (public library).
- Planning resources around the child’s needs – could be English, Maths, Science or educational learning through play.
- Skills to keep the child engaged.
- Managing and implementing a range of behaviour management techniques.
- Establishing and building a rapport with the child.
What we are looking for in a tutor:
- SEMH and/ or SEN experience.
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviour.
- Able to plan and deliver engaging core academic sessions, tailored to the pupil’s learning level.
- Assessing and track the pupils progress to achieve their desired learning outcomes and provide feedback.
Benefits of working with TP Tutors:
- Competitive hourly rate of up to £30 p/h
- Flexible working pattern
- Local and regular work
- You’ll have your own dedicated and hands – on tuition consultant to assist you – with future roles too!
- We provide online learning modules for our tutors.
- We provide access to our online platform LEAP, where tutors can report a pupils engagement, attendance and progress easily.
The Next Steps...
If you might be interested in this type of work, we'd love to hear from you. Apply online with your CV or call the London and Home Counties Tuition Branch today on 0333 005 8704!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.