PMLD Support Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
PMLD Teaching Assistant - SEN College - Bromley, South - East London - ASAP start
Are you a compassionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant with a passion for supporting children with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)? Look no further! Teaching Personnel is thrilled to present an exciting opportunity to join a SEN college in Bromley, South-East London as a PMLD Teaching Assistant.
At Teaching Personnel, we believe that every child deserves an inclusive and nurturing learning environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team, making a real difference in the lives of students with PMLD. If you are ready to embark on a fulfilling career path and contribute to the development of these incredible children, this is the role for you!
• Provide one-on-one support to students with PMLD, fostering their personal, social, and educational growth.
• Assist the class teacher in delivering tailored lesson plans, adapting activities to meet individual needs.
• Collaborate with the school's multidisciplinary team, including therapists and support staff, to create holistic educational programs.
• Promote independence and encourage the use of communication aids to enhance student engagement.
• Create a safe and inclusive environment where students feel valued, respected, and empowered.
• Experience working with individuals with PMLD is desirable but not essential - a genuine desire to make a difference is key!
• A compassionate and patient approach, providing emotional support to students as required.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with students, parents, and the wider school community.
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of students.
• A commitment to safeguarding the welfare of all students.
To Be Considered For This Position You Will
• Be a committed professional
• Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
• Hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
• have satisfactory references
• have a CV must that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
• Have the legal right to work in the UK.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The current teacher shortage is set to be one of the main challenges for the UK in 2023. The number of graduates entering the profession is decreasing, while the number of teachers leaving has in