This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Confident, resilient and adaptable Teaching Assistants required in Blandford Forum.
This is a full time position, starting ASAP. Permanent opportunities are available for the right candidates.
The school is an SENH school that caters for pupils aged 11-19. The pupils can display challenging behaviour so you must be confident supporting this.
We would welcome applications from:
- Those who have experience of working with children or adults with SEMH
- Youth Workers
- Psychology Graduates
- Previous army and police officers
- Mental Health support workers
We are looking for a dedicated individual to provide tailored support to our students. You will be committed to making a positive difference to young people’s lives and in supporting and developing their learning.
Key attributes for this role are:
- Experience of supporting children or adults with SEN needs and/or disabilities SEND especially in SEMH.
- High expectations of children's progress, attainment, and behaviour.
- The ability to use your own initiative, focusing on solving problems.
- Patience, empathy and good communication skills.
- Organisation and resourcefulness, the ability to work under pressure with good time management skills and a sense of humour.
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships.
- Has emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£11.85 - 12.50 per hour
Location free text
£10 - £19 per hour
Teaching Personnel are working with a Autism (ASC) specialist school in Blandford Forum, Dorset that are looking for an exceptional Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start full time ASAP, who can w