Teaching Personnel are looking for a Teacher to join a small specialist school in Christchurch, Dorset. The School is specialised in educating pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. The pupils come from a variety of backgrounds and either have an Education Health Care Plan (ECHP) or are undergoing statutory assessment.
The students will have all been identified as having complex and additional needs and as such are better suited to 1:1, 2:1 or small group learning and will have an individualised curriculum based on their specific needs.
You will need to be a newly or fully qualified teacher with QTS. This role will be teaching to functional skills and/or GCSE level.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- You will work as a teacher delivering lessons across the curriculum and supporting the needs of the school on a day to day basis.
- The role requires teaching pupils on a 1:1 basis with some small group work delivering lessons for a variety of attainment levels from entry level to GCSE / Functional Skills.
- As the role of the teacher you will be required to plan schemes of work and carry out assessments to evidence pupil progress over time.
- You will be required to monitor the welfare of pupils and adhere to all safeguarding procedures promoted by the school.
You will be:
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with service users and staff alike
- Have experience of working and supporting children with SEMH and associated needs or have a good level of transferable skills from another sector.
- Be resilient, forward thinking and adaptable
- QTS / QTLS or equivalent teaching qualifications and / or be able to demonstrate the relevant experience in teaching.
- Forward thinking with a proactive approach
- Ensure that standards are set by providing a good example and offering suitable support and direction.
- Be happy and able to work as part of a supportive and experienced team
- Be open to undertaking additional training as required
To be considered for this post please click "apply now" and we will be in touch within 1-3 days.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£28k - 40k per year
Location free text
£20,000 - £29,999
£30,000 - £39,999
The SchoolThe school is an independent school specialising for children with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) barriers to learning. It is a new school which opened in September 2019. They ar
£30,000 - 44,870 per year
Location free text
£30,000 - £39,999
£40,000 - £49,999
Job Title: Geography TeacherJob Location: Wimborne, DorsetJob Type: Full time, permanentSalary: £30,000 - £44,870 Teaching Personnel Permanent Workforce Team are currently working alongside an SEN Tru