SEN Primary Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting children with Special Education Needs, within their educational settings? Do you feel you could provide suitable skills to ensure the children receive the best possible care and support with their learning. If so, here at Teaching Personnel, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a specialist SEN Teaching Assistant.
As an SEN TA you will be responsible for supporting children within either their whole class environments, small focus groups or within a one-to-one capacity. As a teaching assistant, you will support the Class Teacher to tailor learning, to support various needs, as well as adapt planning or resources to provide an accessible and enriching learning experience. As you will be working closely with certain children, you will be responsible for observing and reporting back progress to the Class Teacher.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and/or relevant SEN experience.
- Previous experience working with children with SEN.
- Some knowledge of necessary SEN strategies and best practise.
- Up to date DBS certificate on the update service (or be willing to complete a new one)
- Relevant SEN Experience
- Patience, empathy, and a strong desire to support children with varying additional needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- Weekly Pay
- A dedicated recruitment consultant to support you within your roles and fulfil your work needs.
- CPD Training Academy: Free and discounted training opportunities to upskill yourself.
- Flexible assignments to suit your availability.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
TeaserTips and Advice
Being a Teaching Assistant (TA) is a rewarding and challenging role that requires a diverse skill set. One of the responsibilities of a TA is supporting the teacher in managing classroom behaviour eff