This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Are you a teacher passionate about supporting children with SEMH needs, looking to move into tuition? Then TP Tutors have the perfect role for you! And with Teaching Personnel being the UK’s leading education recruitment agency there really is no better place to continue your passion in education!
We are looking for tutors in and around Faringdon and Swindon to work with young people who are struggling to access mainstream school, and are in need of additional support. These young people may be in need of our additional support because:
- Recently moved to a new location
- Excluded from school
- They are a Looked After Child
- A recent diagnosis of SEN/ SEMH that requires specialist provision
We have a high demand for tutors in the Merton area who can support Primary and Secondary aged pupils, with work being centred around English, Maths and Science.
Our SEMH tutor roles involve:
- Working with children in a 1:1 format at their homes or local area (public library).
- Planning resources around the child’s needs
- Skills to keep the child engaged.
- Managing and implementing a range of behaviour management techniques.
- Establishing and building a rapport with the child.
What we are looking for in a SEMH tutor:
- SEMH experience.
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviour.
- Able to plan and deliver engaging core academic sessions, tailored to the pupil’s learning level.
- Assessing and track the pupils progress to achieve their desired learning outcomes and provide feedback.
Benefits of working with TP Tutors:
- Competitive hourly rate of up to £25p/h
- Flexible working pattern
- Local and regular work
- You’ll have your own dedicated and hands – on tuition consultant to assist you – with future roles too!
- We provide online learning modules for our tutors.
- We provide access to our online platform LEAP, where tutors can report a pupils engagement, attendance and progress easily.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.