SEMH Support Worker
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Do you enjoy working on a one to one basis with children with specific educational needs?
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support a child with Autism (ASD) and SEMH.
Previous experience of working in an educational/school setting is not essential, the School would prefer someone with the right 'can-do' attitude, the willingness to learn and ability to build good relationships.
We are looking for an experienced teaching assistant who can encourage, motivate and support children within the classroom so that they can access the curriculum with ease, and bridge the present gap. The school, based in Mid Cornwall, have recently received funding and are looking for talented SEND TA to work full time for the next 2 terms; with the potential of the role being made permanent for the right individual.
- SEN experience covering Autism is preferred, but not essential.
- The ability to communicate and build rapport with the children you support
- Confident in communicating with the SENCO, leadership team and parents
- Passionate about working with SEN children & dedicated to helping them thrive and achieve targets set in line with their individual education plan's (IEP)
- Meticulous when it comes to completing IEP's to ensure everything is covered and the child's accomplishments are recorded and rewarded
In return Teaching Personnel can offer you;
- A dedicated consultant to support you throughout your registration process and throughout your career of working with TP
- CV writing support
- Competitive rates of pay
- Long term and permanent opportunities
- Reduced and FREE CPD training courses
To apply for this full time position in the Mid Cornwall area - please click apply, or get in touch with Louise on 01872 250 120.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.