This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Are you a recent graduate in Psychology? Are you on the lookout for an ideal job that is rewarding aswell as offering you valuable experience, all whilst you earn!
If this fantastic opportunity piques your interest, we would welcome your application!
Teaching Personnel is working with special schools and actively seeking Psychology graduates to commence work as Learning Support Assistants starting immediately in Birmingham.
Position: Psychology Graduate - Learning Support Assistant
- Location: Birmingham
- Work Hours: Full-time, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Start Date: Immediate
- Employment Type: Temporary to Permanent (for the right candidate)
We are also inviting graduates with similar qualifications in the following areas:
- Sports Science
- Sports Coaching
- Social Work
- Educational Studies
- Youth and Community Studies
As a Psychology graduate working as a Learning Support Assistant, your role will involve assisting children and young adults with additional needs, including Autism, ADHD, Mild/Severe Learning Difficulties, Social, Emotional, and Mental Health conditions. You will provide support both in and around the classroom. To excel in this role, adaptability, flexibility, the ability to build positive relationships quickly, strong communication skills, and a caring, empathetic nature are essential.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Psychology (or a related field).
- Highly desirable: Prior experience working with children or individuals with special needs.
- Must have a DBS check or be willing to apply for one.
- Key attributes: Patience, empathy, and excellent communication skills.
- A genuine passion for supporting the development and well-being of children.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of our students.
At Teaching Personnel:
- We are the UK's leading education recruitment agency.
- We offer a refer-a-friend bonus scheme (£50 per referral).
- You'll receive competitive weekly pay, directly through PAYE.
- Access our online CPD Academy for qualifications and support to aid your personal and professional development.
- With over 23 years of experience in the field, you will have your own specialist consultant committed to providing you with the best possible experience.
If you're a recent Psychology graduate (or similar) looking for a fulfilling opportunity in education, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
£385 - 425 per week
Location free text
£10 - £19 per hour
Birmingham SEN Teaching Assistant Specialist Provision £385 -425/ WeekA special school located in Birmingham are currently seeking a dedicated Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant. The s