This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Teacher of English
Teaching Personnel has been requested by a local school to find a talented Secondary English Teacher to join their team starting in September 2023.
To teach English across KS3 and KS4, enabling students to gain a good command of both the spoken and written language. Alongside improving their critical thinking skills through detailed analysis of literature. Ultimately aiding students to reach their full potential through your passion for the subject.
English Teacher Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught.
- Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Plan, set and assess work and out of class assignments, to progress and consolidate students learning.
- Collaborate within the department to create developmental schemes of work.
- Assess, record and monitor the progress of all students according to faculty guidelines in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary.
Requirements and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience teaching the National Curriculum, specific to English requirements.
- Previous teaching experience, either through school contracts or PGCE placements.
- Knowledge of various teaching methods.
- Possesses an appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving Qualified Teacher Status.
What you can expect:
- Secure a higher daily rate reflective of the responsibility of the post.
- Full access to accredited CPD.
- Support through the application and interview process.
This position is leading to a permanent position, on competition of a successful probationary period. For immediate consideration, please submit a full CV. To obtain further information, please contact us today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Despite his material being written more than 400 years ago, William Shakespeare’s work continues to be a core pillar of English classes the world over. This is particularly true in England, the birthp