Children's Speech and Language Support Assistant
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Teaching Personnel, a leading educational recruitment agency, is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Children's Speech and Language Support Assistant to join our team at a successful using school in Lincoln. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children and contribute to their speech and language development.
- Provide 1:1 and small group support to children with speech and language difficulties, under the guidance of the speech and language therapist or SENCo
- Assist in the implementation of individualised speech and language intervention programs, as directed by the therapist
- Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment
- Utilise appropriate resources and strategies to support children's speech, language, and communication needs
- Monitor and record the progress of children, providing regular feedback to the therapist or SENCo
- Encourage and promote positive social interaction among children to enhance their communication skills
- Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment, ensuring the well-being of all children
- Previous experience working with children with speech and language difficulties is highly desirable
- Knowledge of different speech and language intervention strategies and resources
- Understanding of the needs of children with additional learning needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting children's development
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Why work with Teaching Personnel:
- Competitive salary package, based on experience and qualifications
- Access to continuous professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Supportive and collaborative working environment within a reputable educational recruitment agency
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children and contribute to their educational journey
- Potential for career progression and further opportunities within the education sector
If you are passionate about supporting children with speech and language difficulties and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.