Youth Work Teaching Assistant
- Full time temporary position in a secondary school
- Ideal for aspiring teachers
- Earn up to £300 per week dependant on experience
A modern and multi cultural secondary school in Thurrock have a full time position for a confident individual, working as a graduate teaching assistant on an ongoing basis. This position will require you to support children across the age range in varying subjects, previous experience as a teaching assistant would be an advantage, however if you have worked with children and wish to make a career out of education you are welcome to apply. ESSENTIAL requirements include;
- Graduate background, any subject degree
- Experience in a school or working with children or young adults
- The desire to become a teacher or work in education
- Full time availability, ideally before Christmas
- Knowledge of the national curriculum in core subjects
In return, this graduate teaching assistant opportunity will present you with differing responsibilities on a daily basis. Leading small groups for focused sessions (different subjects), tutoring and supporting children on a 1:1 basis, you may be required to work with children who are struggling to remain in the classroom, managing behaviour (full supported provided by the school).
This graduate teaching assistant position in Thurrock is an ideal opportunity for aspiring teachers or graduates who want to explore working in schools. If you wish to apply, please email a CV or covering letter to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
(You will need to have suitable references and a Disclosure baring services certificate for this position.)