Intervention Teacher required in Reading, Berkshire
- Are you looking for a challenging but incredibly rewarding job role?
- Are you a Teacher with experience of working with challenging children?
- Have you ever thought about working in an Alternative Provision or PRU?
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for an Intervention Teacher to support various Primary pupils who are currently attending an alternative provision in Reading, Berkshire and at significant risk of exclusion.
They are seeking an exceptional teacher who can work within a team and inspire the children to re-engage with their learning and, either successfully return to mainstream school or go back to class in the alternative setting.
Many of the young people have had gaps in their learning, have lost confidence in their ability to succeed and struggle to engage. The provision are committed to raising achievement and closing the gap and increasing their resilience and self-confidence. This post will play an essential role in supporting this ambition.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have considerable experience and understanding of children who have additional needs and difficulties that prevents positive access to their learning.
• Be an experienced teacher with proven ability to work with children at different ages and stages to achieve successful outcomes.
• Be able to swiftly build positive relationships and gain the trust and confidence of the children so that they get back on track with their learning.
• Work well within a team and be well organised and efficient.
• Be solution focused, flexible and have a good sense of humour.
If you think you are the right person for this post, then we would like to hear from you.
Please call Holly on 01189 071 532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).