Higher-level Teaching Assistant required for IMMEDIATE START
- Excellent rates of pay opportunities to earn up to £65 per day
- Opportunity to really make a difference with children from poor socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent support from a large Senior Leadership Team
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a client school in Gateshead and are looking to recruit an experienced HLTA to work on a full time basis immediately. We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has worked across KS1 and has excellent behaviour management and EAL experience. The ideal candidates must be able to cover all areas of the curriculum and to support in literacy and numeracy.
The school is located in the West End of Newcastle with links to bus routes and walking distance to the city centre and metro links. There are a reasonably high percentage of EAL students in KS1 and some SEN needs in KS2. It would be an advantage to have some experience working with SEN and/or EAL children.
• Level 3 diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Childcare and Education/Childhood studies or equivalent
• Up to date knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum; Experience working with EAL students is an advantage
• To provide a consistently safe, supportive and caring learning environment.
• To be proactive with the planning of creative and stimulating activities
• Confident communicator, who is able to form positive relationships with all school staff
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to undergo an Enhanced CRB check.
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY)