Teaching Assistant for Bury School
- would you like to support young people with educational barriers?
- are you looking for an opportunity in an Ofsted outstanding school?
- would you like to pursue a career in specialist education?
Our partner school situated in Bury is looking to expand their specialist team of staff from April (after the Easter Holidays).
This 'outstanding' provision caters for primary aged children who are on the Autistic spectrum. They currently require an SEN teaching assistant to work in their Autism class.
The role will involve working with children who are at different stages of the spectrum. Some of the children are non-verbal and therefore require a teaching assistant who can communicate using alternative methods such as PECS.
To apply for this exciting position, you must -
* be familiar with Autism Spectrum Condition
* be able familiar with P-levels
* have experience of working within a specialist school
* be able to commit to a long term position
* have, or be willing to apply for a DBS registered on the update service
This role will continue for the remainder of the academic year and has the possibility of becoming permanent for the right person.
To work in this outstanding provision you must have a DBS that is checked for children and is registered on the update service. Teaching Personnel are able to support you with the application for this.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this Bury role, please contact James to arrange an interview on 01612421798 or email firstname.lastname@example.org