SEN Teaching Assistant
- £49- 55 Per Day
- Mon - Fri 8.30am to 3.30pm (roughly)
- Day to day or long term positions available
SEN Teaching Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping with schoolwork
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Looking after children’s physical needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities
- Helping children when they’re upset and comforting them
The right candidate for this position will have experience working in an SEN setting or as a support worker, youth club, ex-army, police cadet, care home or other residential setting. An interest in horticulture, cooking, music, drama, art, construction or other hands-on, creative activities are a bonus.
It is not essential, but well-regarded to have the following skills and qualifications in:
- Makaton (or similar) sign-supported English
- Education Studies
If you are confident that this role is ideal for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Teaching Personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, and must also be willing to register with the update service if they have not done so already.