SEN Teaching Assistant to work at
- Immediate interviews and trials
- Extremely competitive pay - dependant on experience - £55 up to £70
- Be part of an upcoming SEN Academy
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support for Pupils
• Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
• Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
• Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
• Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
2. Support for Teacher
• Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
• Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
• Undertake pupil record keeping as requested.
• Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
• Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
• Provide clerical/admininstrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
1.1. Working with or caring for children of relevant age.
2.1. Good numeracy/literacy skills.
2.2. Willingness to complete DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme.
2.3. Participate in development and training opportunities.
2.4. Willingness to obtain first aid qualification desirable.
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
3.1. Appropriate knowledge of first aid.
3.2. Use basic technology – computer, video, photocopier.
3.3. Ability to relate well to children and adults.
3.4. Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
If interested and fit the description - please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org