Teaching Assistant, North Denbighshire
- Do you have experience supporting young people / adults?
- CPD Opportunities; Team-Teach, ASC Awareness, Safeguarding
- Be part of a network supporting pupils in care
Do you have experience supporting young people / adults? Looking to start a new role? Do you have a flexible schedule?
We are looking for an experienced person in supporting young people and / or adults on a one-to-one basis with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. On behalf of Cheshire West and Chester Local Authority Virtual School we need the right person to work with a Year 9 pupil, based in a Secondary school in North Denbighshire.
To be successful in this role you must have prior experience in supporting in either a paid or volunteer placement, working with young people or adults with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
To work with this pupil you be required daily:
• To begin each session new day, new start
• Ensure instructions are clear, repeated and explained
• Collating learning objectives to maintain attention and focus
• Ensure consistency in lessons
• Use of kinaesthetic methods wherever possible
• Avoid change without prior notice
• Any sanction should be swift and appropriate
• Where possible ignore low level verbal disruption
• Allow a time-out if inattentive
In working for Teaching Personnel you will benefit from:
• Choice and Variety – giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
• Teaching Personnel’s CPD Academy – Your Continuous Professional Development
• Pay – Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
• myTP – Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
• Safe Working Practice – ensuring your reputation is protected
• Excellence in Education Awards – recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
• TP Tokens – supporting national children and education charities through your direction
If meet the above criteria and are available immediately please contact our Liverpool Secondary / SEN office on 0151 285 4258 or register your details online at: https://register.teachingpersonnel.com