Are you a Teaching Assistant Looking to work in Special Education Needs in Gateshead?
- Various opportunities around the North East
- Chances to undertake exclusive CPD courses
- Competitive Pay Rate Available
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading education staffing provider, a nationwide company, with a large, established local presence. We offer a vast amount of varied work to teachers every day; short term, day to day, emergency cover, medium term to long term positions and permanent placements. All of our teachers and support staff benefit from exclusive CPD courses through our CPD Academy.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants in Gateshead to work with KS3-KS4 pupils with a range of Special Education Needs.
You must have:
- Previous experience with a range of Special Education Needs including Autism and Behaviour
- Ability to work in small groups and at times 1:1 with SEN pupils
- A calm, supportive and patient manner when working with children with behaviour problems
- Experience of working with a range of ages with a sound understanding of the curriculum
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to create appropriate activities designed for various levels to aid childrens learning
- Capability to prevent disruption in the classroom by controlling behaviour of the pupil
Although having a Teaching Assistant Qualification is desirable, we will also accept those from a support/care background.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure (Child Workforce Only) via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).