Occupational Therapists wanted in SEN Schools in West and South West London
- Great Career Opportunities and Experience
- Experienced and supportive staff
- Competitive Rates
We are currently looking for Occupational Therapists to work in Special Need Schools in West and South West London. The role is to work within schools both 1:1 and in small groups supporting pupils with Special Needs. The role will focus heavily on aiding in rehabilitation and promoting inclusion within the schools.
Occupational Therapist Role;
• To start ASAP
• Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4pm
• Friendly and welcoming staff and SLT
• Must have Occupational Therapy qualifications
• Must have experience supporting special needs
• PECS, TEACCH, makaton, sensory resource experience highly beneficial
• Competitive pay rates
The role expectations;
• Evaluate students through a variety of assessments, observations, checklists, histories, and interviews.
• Create written reports, which reflect strengths and barriers to student participation in the educational environment.
• Participate with multi-disciplinary educational teams to develop IILPs
• Participate in multidisciplinary meetings
• Provide targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance
• Safeguard confidentiality of student records
• Monitor and reassess the effects of specific occupational therapy intervention and the need to continue, modify, or discontinue services
• Provide family members/ guardians with the knowledge and tools necessary to carry over therapeutic activities at home.
Must have a Child Workforce only DBS on the update service or be in process
If you think you are ideal for this role call Rachel at the SEN Branch to be considered on 0207 593 3074 and email your updated CV to email@example.com.
Teaching Personnel are committed to the safe guarding of children. All applicants will have to undergo a full enhanced disclosure or have a current DBS registered with the Update Service for Child workforce only. Full assistance provided. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.