A great SEN School in Southend are looking for additional Support
- A wealth of enrichment opportunities
- The school provides a wide-range of professional development activity which combined with our supportive and child-focused culture, offers candidates an excellent opportunity to create high quality learning opportunities for the students and themselves
- Long term full time role with potential to go permanent
About this SEN School in Southend;
The School is a designated Community Special School for up to 77 students aged 14-19 with a range of complex needs: severe learning difficulties (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), neurological impairments, complex physical and medical difficulties ,alongside students with moderate learning difficulties, who may need additional social and emotional support before transferring to local colleges at post 19.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role
• To support and engage with the SEN pupils in class
• Assist the teacher where possible
• Assess and track progress of pupils
• Help clean and ensure the classroom is ready for the next school day
• This is a long term full time role ( Monday – Friday 8:30am until 16:45pm)
• Support pupils with their personal care
The Ideal SEN Teaching Assistant should have a proven track record in supporting students with complex needs as part of a team and working positively in a demanding, multi-disciplinary environment.
To be considered for this role, please send your most up dated CV with the relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chelmsford branch on 01245 206760. Teaching Personnel are committed to the safe guarding of children. All applicants will have to undergo a full enhanced disclosure or have a current DBS. Full assistance provided. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.