SEN Experienced Teacher Needed in Neath-Port Talbot
- Are you a qualified teacher?
- Have you got experience with Special Educational Needs children?
- Are you available 5 days per week?
I work with a wonderful SEN School in Neath-Port Talbot who are currently seeking an SEN Teacher for a longer term based role. This school is overseen by the local education authority which provides high quality education for children aged between 3 and 19 years who are on the autistic spectrum (ASC) and have other learning difficulties. Many of their pupils have additional physical disabilities, medical, care and sensory needs and behavioural difficulties.
The role will entail leading a small class of ASC (Autism) pupils reaching learning targets and there will be daily and weekly planning involved. The pupils are on the spectrum and have sensory requirements. The classes are smaller than mainstream and you’ll have the support of 2/3 TAs to assist in class.
The school are looking for someone who is confident, organised, who can use their own initiative to pick up from the hand over and take responsibility in leading the class, teaching assistants and meet pupil development targets.
The ideal candidate:
• Must have QTS and taught in the UK
• Have PECS and Makaton training / experience
• Experience working with challenging behaviour or have Team Teach training (positive restraint training)
• Experience working with ASC children
• You will need to be confident, organised and be able to lead a team
• Flexible, adaptive and versatile individual