SEN Teacher Needed for an Immediate start!
- Pay rate up to £100 per day!
- Opportunity to work with an excellent SEN school
- Day-to-day and long-term work available
I work with a wonderful SEN School in Swansea who are currently seeking an SEN KS2 Teacher for day-to-day and long term work. This school is overseen by the local education authority which provides high quality education for children aged between 8 and 19 years who are on the autistic spectrum (ASC) and have other learning difficulties. Many of their pupils have additional physical disabilities, medical, care and sensory needs and behavioural difficulties.
The role will entail leading a small class of KS2 ASC (Autism) pupils reaching learning targets and there will be daily and weekly planning involved. The pupils are on the spectrum and have sensory requirements. The classes are smaller than mainstream and you’ll have the support of 2/3 TAs to assist in class.
The school are looking for someone who is confident, organised, who can use their own initiative to pick up from the hand over and take responsibility in leading the class, teaching assistants and meet pupil development targets.
The ideal candidate:
• Must have QTS and taught in the UK
• Have PECS and Makaton training / experience
• Experience working with challenging behaviour or have Team Teach training (positive restraint training)
• Experience working with ASC children
• You will need to be confident, organised and be able to lead a team
• Flexible, adaptive and versatile individual
If interested please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 473 300.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).