Are you a NQT and looking for work?
- Are you looking to work alongside SEN children?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to positively impact a child's life?
- Are you enthusiastic and ready to work?
Then please get in touch with Chris at Teaching Personnel on 01792 473 300 or alternatively email email@example.com
As we work with a wonderful SEN school in Swansea who are currently seeking an NQT for day-to-day and long term work. This school is overseen by the local education authority which provides high quality education for children aged between 8 and 19 years who have profound (PMLD) and severe (SLD) learning difficulties and autism. Many of their pupils have additional physical disabilities, medical, care and sensory needs and behavioural difficulties.
The role will entail leading a small class of KS2 ASC (Autism) pupils reaching learning targets and there will be daily and weekly planning involved. The pupils are on the lower spectrum and have sensory requirements. There are 2/3 TAs to assist in class. The school are looking for some one who is confident, organised, who can use their own initiative to pick up from the hand over and take responsibility in leading the class, teaching assistants and meet pupil development targets.
The ideal candidate:
• Must have QTS and taught in the UK
• Have PECS and Makaton training / experience
• Experience working with challenging behaviour or have Team Teach training (positive restraint training)
• Experience working with ASC and PMLD is essential
• You will need to be confident, organised and be able to lead a team
• Flexible, adaptive and versatile individual
If you feel this role is for you then please do get in touch ASAP as the school are currently interviewing for the position!