Teaching Assistant required for an SEN school in Wokingham
- CPD opportunities
- Competitive pay rates
- Contact Yasmine on 01189 071 532
The school caters for children with Autism and Social Emotional and Mental Health. The school maximises the schools rural environment and help pupils to engage in a variety of educational activities which help support their learning. Their aim is to develop self-esteem and confidence in our students, thus helping to further support academic achievements.
Skills and abilities required:
• Knowledge of the national school curriculum
• Good questioning
• Good observation and assessment skills
Knowledge of the standard of work expected from
Personal qualities required:
• A good listener and sensitivity to pupils needs
• A sense of responsibility
• Positive behaviour management
• A good sense of humour
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Support learning for individual pupils and small groups under the guidance of the teacher and assist with the implementation of lesson plans and facilitate more ambitious learning activities
• Enable pupils to become independent learners within their own ability and provide positive support under the direction of the teacher motivating and encouraging pupils whilst establishing a supportive relationship
• Liaise with class teachers in devising complimentary learning activities
• Prepare classroom/educational materials and organise supplies of materials. Maintain the learning environment eg classroom and corridor displays
• Prepare class lists and contribute to the collation of annual review reports (if required) and supervise the display of pupils’ work
If you are an enthusiastic and proactive individual and would like to apply for this position, please contact Yasmine by email on email@example.com or call 0118 907 1532.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form.