Learning Mentors required, Bolton
- Learning Mentors required, Bolton
- DBS on update service desirable
- Short and long term positions available
A large alternative educational provision in Bolton is looking for a number of Learning Mentors to work within KS4. The successful candidates will start on a temporary basis with the potential of becoming permanent.
This 'OUTSTANDING' school caters for pupils aged 11 - 16 who have experienced difficulties in mainstream schooling. Many have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties and some individuals display traits of Autism.
It is essential for candidates to have -
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy
• Previous experience in a teaching assistant or care environment
• Previous experience working with young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties
• Proven experience of working with young people with very challenging behaviour
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
It is desirable for candidates to -
• be Team-Teach/ MAPPA trained
• have experience working with young people with ASC
Teaching Personnel offer an excellent range of CPD courses including Team-Teach, Autism Awareness and Read, Write, Inc. Phonics.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form.