Challenging Behaviour Specialist needed in Huddersfield area
- Looking for individuals with a strong background in social care - i.e residential setting, military background or mental health
- Weekly Pay ranging from between £50 to £80 a day dependant on experience
- Access to regular training and CPD courses in your local area such as Team Teach
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a specialist behavior setting based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. The post is to start as soon as possible and you will be required to work during term time until the end of the academic year, and into September. You also have the possibility of becoming a permanent member of their staff if successful in the role.
The schools work with children who are vulnerable and often display challenging behavior. You will need to be patient, resilient and have a holistic approach when working with pupils. You will need to support teachers in helping children overcome barriers to learning, de-escalate challenging behavior in schools and build up positive, working relationships.
• Firm but fair approach
• Be active and like outdoor activities and education
• Proactive nature
• A desire to support pupils with challenging behavior
• Firm understanding of the social, emotional and mental health needs of young people
You will need to be confident and able to build up good, strong and effective relationships with the pupils and staff.
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Jade Halid on 0113 224 0234 or email jade.halid@teaching personnel.com
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to this job through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS- Full assistant provided (AGY)