Teaching Assistant within SEBD AND SEMH
- Experienced Youth or Community Support Worker
- Working knowledge of meeting the emotional, social and mental health of young people
- Desire to take a supporting role in alternative education setting
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit an experienced Youth Worker for employment in an established Pupil Referral Unit (PRU). The post is to start as soon as possible and you will be required to work during term time until the end of the academic year, with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of staff.
The school deals with pupils that are of a vulnerable and sometimes challenging nature. You will work closely with your colleagues to create action plans for students across all Key Stages, taking an active role in implementing a programme that positively encourages learners to overcome barriers to learning, improve their skills and ultimately gain recognised qualifications.
You will have strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with families, carers and a multidisciplinary team of teaching staff, social workers and educational psychologists. You will be organised, patient and confident, with a sound understanding of the key issues currently affecting young people.
If you’re looking to start a career in education but do not have the relevant qualifications or experience, this is a perfect opportunity for you to kick-start your career. You will be working with small groups providing help and support to children who have behavioural difficulties.
• Fantastic role for someone with a youth worker background looking to be in an education setting.
• Excellent opportunity to work in a specialist school with a proven track record of helping students make incredible progress with learning, social skills and employability.
• A passion for pupil behaviour and personal development.
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of pupils then get in touch with Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: 020 7593 3078.
All candidates must undertake or have undertaken the DBS application form