Behaviour Specialists Teaching Assistants Required in Newcastle
- Are you experienced in working with those with SEMH and Challenging Behaviour?
- Do you have Team Teach Training?
- Available for both long and short term opportunities?
At Teaching Personnel we work with a number of PRUs and behavioural schools. We are looking for Teaching/Support Assistants who are confident working with children who can present extreme emotional and behavioural problems, among other SEN. The work will be based in Newcastle.
Ideally applicants would have experience with SEMH and be able to manage behaviour effectively. We would also welcome applicants with relevant transferrable skills such as ex forces.
You must be able to react quickly and de-escalate unpredictable situations calmly. It is vital that you have a calm and empathetic nature with the ability to relate to children who may demonstrate extreme behaviours. You will need to be forward thinking and flexible to adapt to various situations. Experience with challenging behaviour is not necessary. Ideally, you will have your own transport.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Teaching Assistant/HLTA experience with relevant additional qualifications or other transferable skills such as ex forces
• Experience supporting children with SEMH or a willingness to learn
• Patient and nurturing mannerism with excellent behaviour management skills
• Team Teach and de-escalation is advantageous but not essential
What you can expect:
• Competitive rates of pay up to £65 per day
• Opportunities for CPD throughout the academic year including Team Teach
• To work in a challenging but highly rewarding school with a supportive SLT
• 20 years experience within Educational Recruitment working with a large number of Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague to work with us
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your up to date CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Tyne Tees SEN team on 0191 223 5073.