Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant Required in Norton
- Are you looking for a new role working with pupils supporting challenging behaviour?
- Do you have experience with Social, Emotional and Mental Health pupils?
- Looking for a long term role within an educational environment?
A school in Norton are recruiting for an experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant to work across Primary and Secondary Years.
Ideally applicants would have experience with SEMH, although not mandatory all applicants should posses the correct behaviours in order to support SEMH students within the classroom. Additional training such as Team Teach and de-escalation is advantageous but not essential. We would also welcome applicants with relevant transferrable skills such as ex forces and sports background.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Teaching Assistant/HLTA experience with relevant additional qualifications or transferable skills
• Experience supporting children with SEMH or a willingness to learn
• Patient and nurturing mannerism with excellent behaviour management skills
• Good initiative and able to work well within a team
What you can expect:
• Competitive rates of pay up to £65 per day
• Opportunities for CPD throughout the academic year including Team Teach
• To work in a challenging but highly rewarding school with a supportive SLT
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY) which is registered on the Update Service.
Teaching Personnel work with a large number of SEN schools across the UK, if you are interested in registering to work through Teaching Personnel, to full time or part time or to gain SEN experience please call us today to hear more.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your up to date CV over to email@example.com or call the Tyne Tees SEN team on 0191 223 5073.