Psychology, Sociology and Criminology Graduates wanted for rewarding role in Ealing PRU
- Amazing and Rewarding opportunity to impact the lives of young people
- Close to transport links
- Competitive rates with great career progressions
A Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Ealing is looking for Psychology, Sociology and Criminology graduates to support as Learning Mentors and Support Assistants in September 2016. This PRU caters for children in primary and secondary phases, who are unable to attend mainstream schools due to exclusion. The school aims to promote inclusion and help young people with challenging behaviour prosper through their education.
The schools provides excellent and continued levels of support from highly skilled and specialist staff.
SEN Teaching Assistant role;
• To start on 5th September 2016
• Long Term, full-time role (Monday - Friday 8:30 - 16:00)
• Career progressions
• Friendly and welcoming staff and SLT
• 1:1 and small group support of pupils with challenging behaviour
• Role aims to promote inclusion and social confidence of pupils throughout the school
• Competitive rates of pay – dependant on experience and training
• TA/LSA Experience not compulsory but beneficial.
• Interest and/or experience working with children with Social and Emotional Mental Health difficulties (SEMH)
• Willing to work in challenging environments
• Must be a committed individual passionate about bettering the lives of young people
The Pupil Referral unit in Ealing:
• Primary, Secondary Provision for pupils with social and behavioural difficulties
• Close to transport links – Ealing Broadway, West Ealing and Drayton Green Station
• Excellent further professional development opportunities
• Friendly, professional and personal support and service that supports individual needs
• Opportunities to secure permanent positions
Must have a Child Workforce only DBS on the update service or be in process of getting one to be considered.
Call Rachel at the SEN Branch to be considered for the role on 0207 593 3074 as well as email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.